Video content can drive SEO results
Videos have always played a crucial role in organic visibility. In fact, today, there is not a better medium than video when it comes to increasing traffic, engagement, and conversions. Today, video SEO has become a key weapon in the arsenal of digital marketers. By optimizing their video content, marketers encourage search engines to index and rank them for specific keywords. The idea is for the video to get as many views as possible.
Some facts about video content marketing
- 33% of the people’s time spent on the internet is allocated to watching videos
- 55% of people watch videos online daily
- 85% of marketers are using YouTube, making it the most widely used platform for video
- The share rate on social video is 12x higher than images and text combined
- Adding a video to a landing page can boost conversion rates by up to 80%
- 88% of marketers claim that video has produced a good ROI
- 84% of consumers have cited video as the convincing factor in a purchase they have made
- Using product videos can help eCommerce stores increase product purchased by up to 144%
- 82% of all internet traffic will come from video, for both businesses and consumers, by 2022
- 87% of marketers report that using video as part of their marketing strategy has helped increase website traffic
We hope these facts are enough to highlight how important video is to your online marketing strategy.
Video content is used for rich snippets
We all know that when Google shows a video thumbnail next to a search result, users are more likely to click that listing. Having a video thumbnail makes the search result a “rich snippet” and compared to standard snippets, rich snippets have a higher click-through rate. Also, it is believed that Google prioritizes search results with videos over results without videos.
When you produce video content for your site, you give your target audience a direct access to your social media platforms, YouTube account, or webinar content. As more consumers visit these pages, Google will recognize that they are popular and will boost them.
Videos also generate greater link building potential. As backlinks are significant ranking factor, attracting more backlinks will boost your search engine ranking. In short, video content can help boost your rankings in multiple ways.
Boost your rankings
Once you have created the videos, you need to publish them on your website. You can use videos on your home page and about us page. You can even add product videos to your website’s product descriptions and to your reviews section.
While you add videos to your website, do not forget to add some context. Make sure you add some text or visual content to it. A video transcript would also be a great idea. Another important thing to keep in mind is that the videos should be educative. Do not make videos just for the heck of it. It should answer some questions and help you gain authority and credibility. Also, post your video content consistently and keep updating your content.
Using video content to amplify your SEO may seem quite simple considering how easy it is these days to make and share videos. However, there are technical aspects you cannot overlook if you want your videos to do well and generate eyeballs. It is best to seek help from a professional, who can help you get the best from your videos.