Why reputation management shouldn’t be ignored?
Every day, people are reviewing businesses with comments, star ratings, blogs, social media posts, and more. Customers make buying decisions based on reviews and online mentions of your brand or business. Knowing what people are saying about you is invaluable. Reputation management is an effort to influence what people think of a brand or budsiness online. It’s the process of monitoring, identifying, and a influencing your online reputation. It must also be noted that in the digital world, your reputation isn’t based just on individual experiences. What AI systems like Google portray about you is a factor too.
HubSpot defines reputation management as, “the process of monitoring how consumers perceive your business and taking strategic action when necessary to improve your brand’s image. Nowadays, reputation management is centered around monitoring and protecting your brand’s online reputation in reviews, social media, and Google.”
With a positive online reputation, you can earn customer loyalty and they will keep coming back for more. It can drive both revenue and growth. However, a negative online reputation can negatively influence sales and customer loyalty. Reputation management gives you a clear picture of what your customers like and gives you can opportunity to update your business process to adjust your customer needs.
Why you cannot ignore it?
A lot of small business would think that reputation management is for large businesses and that they can’t gain much out of it. The reality is that in this hyper competitive digital space, reputation management is important for businesses of all types and sizes. Here are some facts to note:
- 90% of consumers read online reviews before visiting a business.
- Online reviews have been shown to impact 67.7% of purchasing decisions
- 74% of consumers say that positive reviews make them trust a local business more (this is why we say reputation management is extremely important for small/local businesses as well)
- Businesses risk losing 22% of business when potential customers find one negative article on the first page of their search results.
Some more research results on reputation management:
- 3 out of 4 customers trust a business more if they have positive reviews
- 60% of consumers admit that negative reviews made them not want to use a business
- 49% of the customers need at least 4-star rating before they decide to use a business
- Reviews that gave 1- or 2-star rating failed to convert 86% of the potential customers
These facts clearly prove that reputation management is extremely important if you want to survive in the digital space and use your online reputation to drive sales and growth. In the nutshell, effective reputation management can help your business in the following ways:
- Helps build and maintain a positive and professional imagine
- Helps improve search engine rankings
- Corrects misleading information about your business
- Dispels malicious rumor’s
- Increases customer trust and loyalty
- Increased sales and revenue
How to do it?
Reputation management is something that is best left to the professionals. The process of collecting data and insights, and then developing and executing effective strategies to improve your online reputation requires expertise. The professionals will assess your current situation, monitor your analytics and search results, create the right content, and gradually build great online reputation for your business.
If you are looking for a professional team to manage your online reputation effectively and to help grow your business organically, get in touch with us now.